Friday 11 March 2016

Gentleman Jole and the Red Queen

After a tiring day of archery on Saturday, and still recovering from a cold I took it easy on Sunday, and read Gentleman Jole and the Red Queen the latest book by Lois McMaster Bujold set in her Vorkosigan universe.  

I couldn't put it down.  

OK not literally, but once I started I had to finish it.  There are very few authors that do that to me nowadays.  I note that some people thought the title was long and made suggestions that the book should've been called Sergyar, but quite frankly I thought the title was most apposite: namely it describes the subject matter of the book, which in this case is about two people's relationship and grief.  There are other things going on, but the story is small in scope even if set with a large universe.

Writing wise I've been working on article for Henry at Miniature Wargames & Battlegames magazine that I started last year but which became lost in the sea of anxiety that was finishing my first novel.  Anyway, I completed the photo essay, which required me to take more pictures, as the first lot weren't right: I'd failed to set the ISO setting on both cameras to the same number (I was doing a compare and contrast shot of 12 versus 16 megapixels, which to be fair had to be taken at the same settings. 

Since then, when not at work, I've been enthusiastically taking more pictures with my new camera.

So that's it for another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR

I currently do not run an email list and have no plans to do so in the foreseeable future.

For those who subscribe to email updates for this blog, your personal data may be collected by the third party service. I have no control over the tool.

Blog posts or comments may include personal data such as the names of people who've made comments or similar. These posts are often shared on social media including my Twitter and FaceBook pages. The privacy policies of Twitter and Facebook will apply to information posted on their websites.

If you would like any personal data which is included in my blogposts or comments to be removed or have any questions, please email me through my contact widget.