Thursday 12 March 2015

Work in Progress: 12th Mar 2015

LISA space probe that my partner did one of the circuit board designs for.

I'm late, I'm late for my weekly blog post, no time to say the things I want, I'm late, I'm late, I'm late.

Yesterday I managed to edit seven and a half thousand words.

I was so focused on what I was doing that I allowed my cup of coffee to go cold, which is no big deal, because I stuck it in the microwave and reheated it.  Again I forgot to drink it while it was hot, and so repeated the trick with the microwave.  After all technology is a wonderful thing, but then allowed the coffee to go cold again.  Third time's the trick right?  No not this time.  When I remembered to take the coffee out of the microwave it had gone cold again.

By this time it was six o clock, so I poured my coffee down the sink.  Wasting good coffee is pretty much a sin in my book, but it was too late to drink it, and expect to sleep OK.

However, Scrivener tells me I wrote a negative number of words, which is fair enough, but I rewrote three chapters, and did I mention that came to seven and a half thousand words?  So it was a good days work.  Looking back over the week I see I wrote 1,315 words to bring the running total to 88,911 words, which means the core narrative runs at 85,323 words; everything else being the "after matters" like the glossary.

News on other fronts.

I've been invited to be on a panel at Dsyprosium this years Eastercon talking about drones, but can't give you anymore details as to day and time.

Going to Brighton this weekend where we will have our Civil Partnership converted to a Marriage, with my Godson and his sister watching while their mum, who is a Registrar, does the ceremony.  So that's it for another week.  Thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR

I currently do not run an email list and have no plans to do so in the foreseeable future.

For those who subscribe to email updates for this blog, your personal data may be collected by the third party service. I have no control over the tool.

Blog posts or comments may include personal data such as the names of people who've made comments or similar. These posts are often shared on social media including my Twitter and FaceBook pages. The privacy policies of Twitter and Facebook will apply to information posted on their websites.

If you would like any personal data which is included in my blogposts or comments to be removed or have any questions, please email me through my contact widget.