Wednesday 18 March 2015

Bad Dog Sixth Revolution

Pictures like this one inspired me when writing the underground scenes in Bad Dog.

Monday I finished, as in reached a point defined as I've re-written this text from beginning to end, the sixth draft of my novel Bad Dog; a title that may pique your interest, or not, depending on context.  So looking back over the last week I've written 1,806 words, edited countless more, and reach a running total of 87,981, which when adjusted for afterword, glossary and the list of characters means the story comes in at 85,022 words.

I cling to the total like a drowning person clings to flotsam after their ship has sunk.  I no longer have a handle on what I've written, and by that I mean I can't tell if the writing is any good, or whether the story is boring.

So the plan now is for my Alpha reader to read through it one more time.  We had a discussion in the car while driving back from Brighton at the weekend, where Susan announced she had read Bad Dog more times than any other book apart from her Andre Norton novels.  I can only hope that mine has been worth all her time.

Next up is the re-write of Strike Dog.  Oh the joy of my life, will it never end?

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR

I currently do not run an email list and have no plans to do so in the foreseeable future.

For those who subscribe to email updates for this blog, your personal data may be collected by the third party service. I have no control over the tool.

Blog posts or comments may include personal data such as the names of people who've made comments or similar. These posts are often shared on social media including my Twitter and FaceBook pages. The privacy policies of Twitter and Facebook will apply to information posted on their websites.

If you would like any personal data which is included in my blogposts or comments to be removed or have any questions, please email me through my contact widget.