Wednesday 4 February 2015

Work in Progress: 4th Feb 2015

I'm currently distracting myself, while waiting for an editorial report, by writing a non-fiction article for Miniature Wargames & Battlegames magazine.  Yesterday I rewrote the article, as in I realized that the structure wasn't working, and it was confusing to read.  In the process of restructuring the article I managed to lose a couple of hundred words by making a cut and paste error.  Easily done.

So looking at my diary I see I have written 2,214 words over the last week.  However, I am painting a shed load of models (a bit of an exaggeration), some of which you can see here.

There is actually more painting of miniatures than writing involved in producing this piece of work, because I need to have enough pictures for the article to make it look interesting.  There are even more on my workbench as I type this, and I've  had to order a few extras for photos that I've planned for the article too.  Not that Jon at Ground Zero Games is getting rich on the three packets of spaceships that I ordered, but it's the thought that counts.

Still all this make work has forced me to go through my piles of stuff and sort out things to get rid of, and in the process find things I've forgotten I'd bought, and now looking forward to assembling and painting.

Still it will be a relief to get back to moving the novel forward as quite frankly it's nagging at me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR

I currently do not run an email list and have no plans to do so in the foreseeable future.

For those who subscribe to email updates for this blog, your personal data may be collected by the third party service. I have no control over the tool.

Blog posts or comments may include personal data such as the names of people who've made comments or similar. These posts are often shared on social media including my Twitter and FaceBook pages. The privacy policies of Twitter and Facebook will apply to information posted on their websites.

If you would like any personal data which is included in my blogposts or comments to be removed or have any questions, please email me through my contact widget.