Wednesday 7 January 2015

Sleepy Hollow


I began to get back in the saddle this week, having been a bit slack with updates on this blog over the Xmas period.  I've also decided that updates will now be scheduled for mid-week, because I want my weekends to be free to do other stuff, rather than writing entries for my blog about my writing that I've been working on all week.

So far this week I've edited my short story Territory and sent it out again to The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction, who are open for submissions.  Hopefully third time lucky (got to believe otherwise one will just give up).

I'm also working on five articles for Miniature Wargames & Battlegames magazine.  I'll tease you with the working titles just for fun: Take Me Out to The Black, Rantings from Underneath the Wargame Table, The Toy Soldier Game, Operation Sandbox, Escalation – The Last War.

I've been working on all of these on and off for a while, a couple for a considerable while (I lost track of what I was doing at one point and forgot about finishing the articles – too many novel distractions).  However, all of these articles require pictures, and pictures require subjects, and this means I have to make and paint stuff as well to finish the articles off.

This will take time.

Other than that we've been watching a lot of stuff, and just finished the first season of Sleepy Hollow last night. It's not something my partner would normally watch, but I persuaded her to give it a go, and it has John Noble in it, so she has been enjoying his performance.

I'm not going to tell you anything that will spoil the show for you.

The story is excellent and it's full of twisty-turny plot developments that make for an excellent story.  Not really a bundle of laughs, but there is a lot of humour to lighten the mood of what is ultimately a story about the oncoming apocalypse.

I highly recommend checking out the show.

2 comments:

  1. I was much more impressed by Sleepy Holow than I expected to be. Looked as if it were just another female cop, weird non-cop buddy, crime-solving show, but as monster of the week it was better than that, and then when the big plot kicked in… I lost interest a bit towards the end of S1 but I've been following and enjoying S2.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to know that you're enjoying season 2 as I've heard mixed feeling about it.

      Delete

GDPR

I currently do not run an email list and have no plans to do so in the foreseeable future.

For those who subscribe to email updates for this blog, your personal data may be collected by the third party service. I have no control over the tool.

Blog posts or comments may include personal data such as the names of people who've made comments or similar. These posts are often shared on social media including my Twitter and FaceBook pages. The privacy policies of Twitter and Facebook will apply to information posted on their websites.

If you would like any personal data which is included in my blogposts or comments to be removed or have any questions, please email me through my contact widget.