Monday 7 July 2014

Cambridge BBQ


This weekend we drove up to Cambridge to see our friends Kate & Malcolm who were having their summer BBQ.  It's a bit of a Cambridge SF fans meet up, eat food, drink booze and talk about stuff; everything from SF to the weather, and everything in-between.  We had a good time.  We both needed a bit of a break, and chatting and listening to old friends shooting the breeze was relaxing.

As a consequence I missed my Sunday morning read a book in bed, so I shall have to save talking about Sin & Syntax until next week.  We've been re-watching Stargate Atlantis, and are now coming to the end of season four.  We've been really enjoying the episodes, and some are just excellent in their own right; combination of story, characters, plot and special effects hitting all the right notes.

Work wise, I rewrote Territory, adding and expanding my short story taking the word count up from 900 to 1200 words while doing so.  My Alpha reader thinks it's better now, and my Beta reader confirms I haven't ruined it either, I feel good to send it off.

Counting down the last few weeks to LonCon 3, and I'm quite excited by the fact I'm now on another panel, which really interests me to be on, and has panelists I'm honoured to be sitting and discussing SF with.  Can't tell you more at this point, because the timetable is not confirmed, but more information later.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR

I currently do not run an email list and have no plans to do so in the foreseeable future.

For those who subscribe to email updates for this blog, your personal data may be collected by the third party service. I have no control over the tool.

Blog posts or comments may include personal data such as the names of people who've made comments or similar. These posts are often shared on social media including my Twitter and FaceBook pages. The privacy policies of Twitter and Facebook will apply to information posted on their websites.

If you would like any personal data which is included in my blogposts or comments to be removed or have any questions, please email me through my contact widget.