Friday 26 April 2013

Writing Log 130428

This has been a difficult week for me.  Some of the reasons are from four poor nights sleep due to the pain I get from having rheumatoid arthritis.  The other problem was getting stuck on one of the chapters I was writing.

So I spent one whole day researching what I needed to know to be able to write said chapter, and the other day was spent outlining the novel and ending up with twenty-five chapters.  Each chapter has a title, notes with a least one scene in each, and some with more than one major scene.

I had been putting off the outlining, because I had doubts the story I was telling, but the doubts were ultimately addressed after I sat and spent all day outlining.  Ironic, or what?  For me it felt like I needed to get words down before I could outline, because during my first novel that was what happened then.  The difference was that this time I needed to get less words out before I needed to do the outline.

So I'm now five chapters in for a total of 17,062 words.  This week I wrote 4499 words and my first three weeks running total stands at 17,124.  Compared to when I was writing Bad Dog I was at 13,303 words at the same point in time, so I'm ahead by 3759 words.  Looking at my diary I see that the following week was when my word count took off on Bad Dog, so it will be interesting to see if the same occurs with the sequel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR

I currently do not run an email list and have no plans to do so in the foreseeable future.

For those who subscribe to email updates for this blog, your personal data may be collected by the third party service. I have no control over the tool.

Blog posts or comments may include personal data such as the names of people who've made comments or similar. These posts are often shared on social media including my Twitter and FaceBook pages. The privacy policies of Twitter and Facebook will apply to information posted on their websites.

If you would like any personal data which is included in my blogposts or comments to be removed or have any questions, please email me through my contact widget.