Thursday 16 April 2015

Another Late WIP Update 16th Apr 2015

Oh my, running late because I again forgot to post yesterday.  

Been a bit lost in diving back into my writing.  Currently editing my third novel, working title Ghost Dog , which is currently running at 98,752 words, with the first 41,648 words processed in what I'm calling the first revision.  It's mostly correcting the little things like punctuation, sentence length, while marking passages that suck badly for further editing the next time round.  

My plan being just to knock the text into rough shape, while re-reading the  story to make sure it works; as in it the plot makes sense.

On other things to come, I'm working on my Dysprosium review.  Delayed in part because of pictures from my beloved, who still hasn't sent them to me yet.  Hopefully tomorrow I'll post the first of three posts.

Reading wise I've finished Equoid by Charlie Stross, which I thoroughly enjoyed, but it has a very British sensibility about it.  My pitch line for it is My Little Pony meets Cthulhu with a shout out to Cold Comfort Farm.  

Therefore it may not be to everyone's taste, but as I like my humour black, unsweetened, and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.  Also, it has the decided plus point of not being overly long, which in today's market is very refreshing.

We also went into town (as in the centre of London), and visited both Orcs Nest and Forbidden Planet.  

The former is my dealer of choice for my gaming needs, the latter is where I buy most of my novels.  A long time ago, when I use to live in Brighton, I worked for the local Forbidden Planet franchise holder as a book buyer, which would entail me making trips up to London to visit the warehouse to select the books to be sent to Brighton.  

Some nice memories, and it has left with me with a certain fondness for shopping with them.

We bought half a dozen novels while we were there: The Rhesus Chart by Charlie Stross, Feed by Mira Grant aka Seanan McGuire, Storm Front (Book 1 of The Dresden files) by Jim Butcher, The Severed Streets by Paul Cornell, Monster Hunter Nemesis by Larry Correia, and Alternate Realities (a compilation of three short novels – Port Eternity, Wave Without a Shore & Voyager in the Night) by C. J. Cherryh.  It may take some time to read them all, especially given how hard I've found it of late to read fiction.

So that's it for this week's update.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GDPR

I currently do not run an email list and have no plans to do so in the foreseeable future.

For those who subscribe to email updates for this blog, your personal data may be collected by the third party service. I have no control over the tool.

Blog posts or comments may include personal data such as the names of people who've made comments or similar. These posts are often shared on social media including my Twitter and FaceBook pages. The privacy policies of Twitter and Facebook will apply to information posted on their websites.

If you would like any personal data which is included in my blogposts or comments to be removed or have any questions, please email me through my contact widget.