Sunday 8 June 2014

Litany of Earth


This week I read a very nice short story here.  It's by a writer that was unknown to me, Ruthanna Emrys, called The Litany of Earth, which builds its story around a Deep One survivor's account from H P Lovecraft's the Shadow over Innsmouth.  I really enjoyed it and recommend it to anyone who likes reading Cthulhu mythos stories.  I shall be keeping an eye out for when she has her first collection, or brings out a novel.

This week I've been writing short stories.  Just because really.  More as an exercise in getting me back into my work routine, which has been disrupted by outside factors.  I'm all to aware that I'm an inexperienced writer, because of my inability to keep writing on the bad days.  I took two old stories I'd written as game fiction and filed the serial number off, as in separate them from other people's IP, and I did the first draft of a Cthuhlu mythos story as well.  Inspired by reading the above story.  So, while this week has not had a word count worth recording, I do have the drafts of three short stories down.

2 comments:

  1. I think Ruthanna Emrys is at the beginning of a new cultural zeitgeist regarding H.P. Lovecraft's writings. Despite how imaginative he was, it's the 21st century and looking back with new eyes on his oft-problematic work will only benefit it. I wish you nothing but luck in your writing and hope it works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for both the comment, and the good wishes.

      Delete

GDPR

I currently do not run an email list and have no plans to do so in the foreseeable future.

For those who subscribe to email updates for this blog, your personal data may be collected by the third party service. I have no control over the tool.

Blog posts or comments may include personal data such as the names of people who've made comments or similar. These posts are often shared on social media including my Twitter and FaceBook pages. The privacy policies of Twitter and Facebook will apply to information posted on their websites.

If you would like any personal data which is included in my blogposts or comments to be removed or have any questions, please email me through my contact widget.